Name– Malachite was derived from the greek word Malakhe meaning mallow (a plant similar in
color) in the 14th century.
Zodiac Gem– Sagittarius (23rd November to 20th December)
Hardness– 3.5 to 4
Colour– Opaque and always green with stripes.
Composition– Copper carbonate mineral with a monoclinic crystal system.
Physical and Spiritual Properties-
- Malachite gives protection from negative energies and gives positive vibrations, screens out hostile focus.
- Malachite enhances will power, refuse temptations, instills confidence and responsibility.
- Malachite represents fidelity in love and friendship and loyalty in partnership.
- Malachite helps to overcome fear of flying.
- Malachite helps in treating eye sight problems, toothache, vertigo and mensural problems.
- It is also helpful in asthma, arthritis and torn muscles.