Name– Garnet was discovered in the 14th century from the latin word Pomegranate resembling the
seed of fruit.
Zodiac Gem– Aquarius (21st January to 18th February)
Hardness– 6.5 to 7.5
Colour– Dark red
Composition– Brittle more or less transparent silicate material.
Physical and Spiritual Properties-
- Garnet is a sacred stone of egyptian nature.
- The goddess included garnets in her ceremonial belt representing blood and power.
- The loving power of garnet reflects the attributes of devotion.
- Garnet is associated with balancing of sex drive and emotional disharmony.
- Garnet brings love, compassion and enhanced imagination.
- Garnet helps in treatment of toxicity, mental depression, heat trouble, inflammation and underactive thyroid.
- Garnet is also worn in cases of arthritis.